The easiest way to contact us is by using the email form on this page, or by phone at 480-595-1293.
If for some reason you email us and do not get a response within two days, please resend your email or call.
Mail inquiries can be sent to Gold Cobs at PO Box 2851, Carefree, AZ 85377.
Terms of Sale
1. Authenticity. As you may have noticed, we attempt to provide large photos and detailed descriptions, including provenance and known auction history, for every coin we offer for sale. We want you to see and know about any coin you are considering purchasing. Why many dealers do not do the same, you must judge for yourself. In 35 years we have never had a coin that has passed through our hands questioned for authenticity, proper grading, etc. All items we sell are unconditionally guaranteed to be authentic and as described. Some of the coins we offer for sale came into our hands with third party authentication, which we will pass along to you. We do not rely upon such authentication. Many of our coins also have a distinguished pedigree. Our own direct experience with New World Spanish cobs goes back to the last Real 8 auctions of the 1970’s. We are intimately familiar with the gold & silver coin series we sell, and we are certain of the authenticity of every piece we offer for sale. If you desire still more authentication, we will be happy to arrange whatever you wish.
2. Payment. You may pay by check, money order, or wire transfer. We will supply the routing information when you request it. Persons not known to us must allow time for the funds to clear ( normally 5 business days ). Since we do not accept credit cards, we will try to accommodate collectors with no-interest lay-away terms on many items. Certain items that we have accepted on consignment may not be available for lay-away. Deposit and terms of the lay-away will be negotiated individually. Please do not abuse this privilege. We offer it because we know many collectors need to finance their purchases in these difficult times, and we do not wish to encourage anyone to take on high-interest credit card debt.
3. Returns. You will notice that we provide large photos and very detailed descriptions for every coin we offer for sale–well beyond anything you will find on other internet sites or in auction catalogues. Please study these photos and descriptions before you purchase a coin. Ask questions. If the coin you receive is inaccurately described or pictured on this site, you may of course return it. This has never happened, but “to err is human.” Any evidence that you have altered, damaged, copied or commercially exploited a coin voids your return privilege. Encapsulated coins must be returned in their original, undamaged holders, and all original certificates must be returned with the coin or your return privilege is also voided.
4. Shipping. All coins will be shipped fully insured via FedEx or USPS as Registered insured mail. All books & catalogues will be shipped fully insured via USPS Media Mail. You may request some form of expedited delivery. We must pass along the actual cost of shipping, which we will estimate for you at the time you place your order. We do ship internationally with some frequency. We prefer UPS or DHL, but as you wish. International buyers are responsible for making with their own Customs arrangements.
5. References. Some of you may be unfamiliar with Gold Cob and its website www.goldcobs.com. If you are new to collecting Spanish Colonials coins, or an international buyer in particular, you may not know our reputation. On request we will provide references. Call or email us.